MSAA had another successful year of educational programs; the Midwest Terrain Park Summit and an enhanced version of NSAA's Lift Safety Boot Camp. Both programs were a huge success with a total of 58 attendees! That included the participation of 43 employees from over 15 different ski areas, 4 different company suppliers and 3 different associations!
• General Terrain Park Ops: Treating the park as a business
Read more about the classes below:
Terrain Park Summit
Developed specifically with terrain park managers and terrain park staff in mind, this intense event will include both classroom and on-snow presentations. Each session is designed to help give you the knowledge and tools needed to run a top-notch park. This year's program will address a variety of topics including:
• Walk through of Boyne's park and its operations
• Overview of Updated Freestyle Terrain Resource Guide
• Jump Feature Construction & Maintenance: On-hill with groomer and tools
• Rail Construction: Hands-on
• Rail Installation: On-hill using the rail built in previous session
• Wake & Rake: Opening the park with the Boyne crew
• Incident Investigation & Jump Measurement
• Park Manager Roundtable
• Equipment & Shop Safety
Click here for the current schedule-at-a-glance.
Lift Safety Boot Camp
This program provides critical education for lift operators, lift maintenance staff and mountain operations employees. The mix of indoor and outdoor modules cover a range of operational topics that can immediately impact your ski area's lift safety programming.
• Lift Operations - Setting Your Guests up for Success: Maze Design, Load and Unload Ramp Setup
• The What, Why, and How of Creating Unseated Passenger Plans
• Guest Education & Communication
• Root Cause Analysis & the Five Why’s
• Breaking the Cycle: A Lift Operations Roundtable